Montage won't save end time

Hey guys,

for various reasons I have to set the end time of an animation sequence inside of a montage to something higher so the animation freezes for a while before restarting. That is exactly what I want but for some reason I can’t save the changed end time value. No matter how/where I save the asset, as soon as I restart the editor the changes are gone.
Is there a way to save a changed end time?

This is happening to me as well.

Any solutions to this?

I’m afraid I can’t remember what I did but I don’t think I found an actual solution.
At least not for the montage itself. I guess changing the end time to longer than the actual animation should not be possible in the first place

There is a workaround to this issue:

1. In your montage look how much time you need to add (end time)
  2. Edit the original animation you use and add enough frames at the end of the animation until you reach the time you need.
    (You can edit the animation in any modeling software or simply add frames in the editor.)
    Your problem should be solved.

It’s simple:

1-Go to end of your frame (pull red line to end of frame bar)

2- Make editing

3- “Add key” (you can find it in toolbar)
[you most to add key in the end of frame bar]

4- “Apply Animation” ( in toolbar beside “Add key”)

5-"Save"

I hope help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

The above suggestions did not work for me. I had a 2 frames pose anim. I solved this by using the ‘loop count’ for the animation segment in the montage. Of course, this only works for cases like mine with few frames and pose anim.

(Every day a new weird Unreal bug. Never a dull moment…)

you can right click in the timeline of the animation and use the append to add more frames and match the time you need, Add frames - Album on Imgur