Modular roofs?

Hi! I’m trying to create a modular medieval/iron age building set, but I’m struggling to figure out how to create something that would fit together in multiple sizes and setups with the roofs.
I realize I need corners, inner corners, end pieces, tiling lengthwise pieces, etc. But I keep finding issues the more I try, so I feel like I am going about separating and matching the pieces the wrong way. IE, the set works when making a single square size building, but not bigger without making a flat roof. If I keep adding roof pieces, they end up incredibly tall and odd looking.

Does anyone know of any good examples or guidelines for parts needed to cover most needs?

Hey, we had similar issues, you could either decrease the angle of the roof slope, from say 45[SUP]o[/SUP] down to 12-25[SUP]o[/SUP] … or/and create a semi flat roof aesthetic where the roof slants up only for the first modular unit then flattens off maybe with a lip and some iron railings round the flat section for decoration…

We also had this issue where the roofs were starting to take over most of the screen real-estate… You can also remove the eaves (the triangular upright walls at the two ends of a sloping roof) by making the roof sloped on all four sides… It makes the roof sections look far less imposing…