Modular Desert Ruins / NANITE

Finished my new pack Modular Desert Ruins. I wanted to test new features with this like Nanite, Lumen, Displacment, RVT. Created a short animation with the help of LiveLink plugin to showcase the possibilities.

Hope you like it! :wink:

Follow me on:

2 Likes

Hi there @Modulus_Studio,

Hope you’re well and having a wonderful week so far!

Just wanted to quickly pop into this thread to say this looks amazing. The detail, lighting, and “first person” view all look both professional and super high quality. Out of curiosity, how long did this pack take you to create?

Thanks for sharing and I hope we get to see more of your art in the future!

Hi,

Thank you for the kind words! :blush:
I originally started making the environment for a game jam and I had the blockout in 2 days, then I worked on it when I had time, but it was about 1 month.
Since I didn’t have to spend too much time with highpoly-lowpoly workflow and bakeing, I was able to progress quite fast. It helped a lot that within unreal you can now bake vertex color.
Once the environment was in done, it took 1 day to create the animation. I had an iPhone with me to make the camera movement with live link plugin and I also liked the “Unrecord” bodycam effect. I followed this tutorial to create somthing similar:

It is a big help with the lights that the sand has a very nice GI anyway and I increased the volume scatter of the directional light to ridiculously high so that the godrays appear nicely. It is worth setting the scaleability to cinamatic because then the volumetric effects are much nicer. Filmgrain and fog helps to fade minor defects :'D

I have a long list of what environments I still want to do, but maybe I’ll come back to update a couple of older packs first.

Have a great week! :wink:

1 Like

Not to ego stroke too much but this level of quality within a month is incredible :slight_smile: Thanks a ton for sharing the environment and the tutorial!