Modular Building Set [UPDATED]

Marketplace team - are there any plans to improve your update deployment process? It seems there are 3-4 threads of devs waiting for their product patches to be rolled out.

It is frustrating for all parties.

If you’re trying to build a realistic world, the best practice isn’t to use a dummy and “guess” the size of environment elements. Take the official ISO (or equivalent) norm of your country’s door size for example, and iterate from there. Most of them are in centimeters/millimeters so that’s perfect for UE4.

However sometimes it might be preferred to build your whole world bigger or smaller depending on the ambiance you’re trying to achieve. Place your character’s camera at the exact same height as your eyes are in real life, because your whole perception of scale is built upon your real life experiences.
You can just put the camera lower later on when you’re satisfied with the scale!

Can I ask you where are you from? 5.2 is considered as shorty in my country and doctors would medically help that if it’s noticed in teen age example. 5.5 is considered as way below average. In the year 2010 example in my country here in Scandinavia, men were 1.81 cm / 5.93 height average. Even women are here almost 5.57 average here. Same thing is what I quickly searched in almost every Western nation. Did you example know that German car makers use 5.9 as average when they design cars?

I am not the owner of this thread, but since all these other posts are connected to my original post I will ask nicely that we do not hijack this thread with debate on height, size or best approach on and let this remain thread remain specifically for modular building set technical support, reviews etc.

I concur. This is about the building set, not magic blue man. Lets keep it on point.

I haven’t looked at the set in a while. Has it been updated to include interiors yet or has Epic still not responded?

Thank you X.E.R.T.
I hadn’t had a chance to see this thread in a while, so I very much appreciate your comment. Yes, let us please take this discussion to another thread or amongst yourselves elsewhere please. Thank you

@Nicsho - They have said multiple times that they are working on implementing the files. So they have at least responded, but everytime I seem to ask for an estimation on when the update would be released, they seem to avoid the question unfortunately. So no update has been released still, but I will surely be posting to this thread the moment I know a date/time that it will be out.

Thank you again everyone for being patient and again I am sorry this is taking so long.

Not to pester you or anything, but will there be an update to allow interiors for all floors and not just the first floor? Thanks again, man! I really love the set so far, its made level design so much easier and better looking!

Hi Nischo,

I would love to do that for everyone, but with the amount of time required for it compared to how much time I have available for this type of work unfortunately isn’t enough. I am still trying to work on some more packs for the Marketplace, as well as continuing my fulltime job. I wish I could though, but all of the base work is there for you to expand on :slight_smile: Even though it takes a bit of time, it isn’t super difficult work, just time consuming to make the upper interiors for all of the different assets.

• Jacob

Yeah, I kinda figured that’s what it would come down to, but it shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks for response, man! Looking forward to more great stuff coming from you.

Hey bro, has it been updated yet? been waiting and they have had 2 updates since

Hey Uprentiss,
I’m sorry, I have continued to reach out to EPIC. They have told me on multiple occasions that they have “downloaded the files and are looking into them now.” Unfortunately it seems, nothing usually comes of it. They have said it will be “very soon.” I have even said that I may be taking my business elsewhere, because of this long winded and very unfortunate chain of events. The sad thing, is it seems they are more interested in releasing new products instead of maintaining the ones that are already there and keeping their customers happy. I understand they are trying to expand the marketplace, but I just wish they had a better way of keeping up with everything. It may actually get to the point where I was able to create, upload, go through the trello boards, and release an entirely new product before they have even updated my old one. We’ll see if that’s the case as my industrial prop pack is coming out next week most likely and they don’t have a lot of time to get the update out before then. Again I am sorry for the delay and I wish I had more control over when the update was released. My sincerest apologies. Thank you for your understanding.

I remember reading that there isn’t a Marketplace “Update” this week due to “Store maintenance” - This could be where they update the currently on-sale assets with any updates sent their way. Only speculation though!

If you’re right, that would be wonderful! Let’s hope so :slight_smile:

XERT posted about this on the feedback forum, and it had been bothering me so I chimed in.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?59266-Why-I-quit-purchasing-from-the-marketplace

Talking about someone getting fired isn’t normally my style, but I was on the tail end of a work shift and angsty I guess.

Someone was criticizing vertex points so I figured you should see the thread.

Thanks for the update bro, looking forward to your other projects as well. I know this isn’t your fault and you do great work

Hey guys, I have good news! I just received this email from EPIC tonight!

"Hey Jacob,

I set this pack up on our internal servers and we should be able to get out the update tomorrow."

So it should be out tomorrow as confirmed in an email!!! FINALLY!! Thanks everyone again for the patience

Thank you Jack for the link :slight_smile:

Wow now I am excited, let me know if its rolled out,thanx

You mind if I message you a quesiton about your site?

Dammit … I am going to go bankrupt with all these awesome packs. Shrug … might have to actually finish my game to make some money … so I can buy more assets. You guys are like pushers … 8-p