Modify the position of a group of vertexes?

Is there a way to dynamically modify the position of a group of vertexes via Blueprints? I found SetVertexPosition but I think that’s only for one vertex (correct me if I’m wrong), and I would need to add a constant to like 50/60 vertices.

Basically, I am completely new to game engines, so I’m modeling my apartment in Unreal for learning purposes. A lot of things, such as windows and doors, are the same except for their dimensions. I’m thinking it would be useful to model “generic” versions of all the different parts of a window (for example), lay them out as static meshes in a blueprint, and then expose variables so I could set the dimensions I would like the full “assemblies” to be. So in the Blueprint I would just need to be able to do some basic math to figure out the correct offset, and then apply that offset to certain groups of vertices to correctly resize them (without distorting them like scaling the entire mesh would).

Is this possible? Or maybe, is this a bad idea? Cause issues with shadows or UVs or something? I’d appreciate any advice.

I can tell you, this is not the way to go :slight_smile:

It is possible to built totally procedural meshes in UE, but by the time you’ve modelled your apartment, we can all come and visit you in the asylum…

Scaling is the way to go. If you’re worried about stretching etc, take a look at world aligned materials.