Modify bones in animation and saving it

So I have an animation for one character and retargeted to another skeletal mesh, but I have to manually move some position of the bones (the original is epic bones and the other is mixamo), but I don’t know how to save the modified animation, google tells me I have to record this but the animation is quite confusing to find the correct start and end. Is there a way to simple generate a new animation with modified bone position instead of manually record and trim?

2 Likes

Hello! You can use + Key button to add key for bone at current time. This is working just the same way as most of anim editors. Select time (pause it if it is playing), select bone, edit bone transform and + Key it to key it

5 Likes

thanks a lot (works for unreal engine 5 too)

This was so helpful. I have been using blender or control rig trying to make an ads animation since I started using the engine and I was finally able to do it with this. THANK YOU!

This is a good question and good answer :+1: Helped me as well in UE 5.3.

If you used IK retargeting to create animations and now you want to fix them a little or a lot, then yes, open Animation Sequence asset, select problematic bone and use “+ (key)” button in top panel. This will start you off with some keyframes.

Sequencer is quite a powerful tool actually, it should really help you fixing animations.