Modding: Simple adjustments (help!)

I am trying to adjust the cost of Chitin Paste.
This seems easy enough, right? Not so much.

Well I watched the “how to make a mod only” video.

So I am able to create and upload a mod to steam.

I have created a folder with the changes I want:

• MyMod (Level)
  • PrimalGameData_BP_MyMod
  • TestGameMode_MyMod
  • PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste_Cheaper
  • PrimalItemInventory_MortarAndPestle_CheaperPaste
  • EngramEntry_ChitinPaste_Cheaper

Edited PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste_Cheaper:

• Crafting req Stone: 2.0

Edited EngramEntry_ChitinPaste_Cheaper:

• Blue Print Entry: PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste_Cheaper

Edited PrimalInventoryBP_MortarAndPestle_CheaperPaste

• Default Inventory Items 4: PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste_Cheaper

Edited PrimalGameData_BP_MyMod:

• Engram entry: EngramEntry_ChitinPaste_Cheaper
  • Primary Resources lists a whole lot of things, but not ChitinPaste. It lists Gasoline in case you wonder if it’s only resources you can gather.

I can’t find any place to update the PrimalInventoryBP. I checked PrimalItemStructure_MortalAndPestle and there is no listing of any inventory blueprints.

I’m trying my best to find any references to Chitin Paste and update those accordingly, but I am stumbling around in the dark like a drunk teenager in a tittybar grabbing at everything.
I would have hoped that I could just override the blueprint for chitinpaste and not have to copy and find all entries where I reference the new blueprint.

I have made all these changes incrementally and testing between each change. At the current change the blueprint for Paste has disappeared from the Mortar inventory.

Have I completely misunderstood this?

Any suggestions or help appreciated!

I found someone talking about Remap variables in PrimalGameData.
I created an entirely new mod. With the Level, PrimalGameDataBP, TestGameModBP and my only change the “PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste” and changed the value of stone required to 2.
Cooked and uploaded and when I test it: It still shows 8 stone.

When I added the engram and added that to remap variable as well it disappeared in Mortar and Pestle (and yes I had to spend the engram points over again).

I am getting no where. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Edit:
If I have understood this correctly when I create a child of PrimalItemResource_ChitinPaste everything that relies on ChitinPaste is unaffected because it’s a child of the resource, but everything related to crafting this resource needs to be altered to accept the new resource? In other words the Engram and the Mortar and Pestle and then I have to modify the Mortar and Pestle Engram to use the correct blueprint as well? Seems like trying to unravel a cobweb.

Someone has done nearly the exact same thing, just a little different, and had alot of these same questions. I highly suggest reading through the thread to get a better understanding of what is involved. It’s linked above :slight_smile:

As for the inventory: Custom Crafting Benches - ARK: Survival Evolved - Unreal Engine Forums (the very last pictures show where you need to replace the inventory)

• Sinari

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:
I’ve been reading a lot of threads similar to my issues, but haven’t found that one.