Mocaps for commercial use

Hi everyone,

Creating animations is very difficult.
To do it manually you have to spend a lot of time (excluded the learning of doing so :D)
Kinect is quite inaccurate.
There is a solution in using 2x Kinect while one Kinect have to be installed on the ceiling.
To hire a mocap company to do animations is expensive.

So what shall I do. Doing it from the scratch? Ughh:D

Are there good free mocaps out there. Where can I find them?

I do not want to reinvent the wheel and certainly not such a complicated thing :smiley:

To have a solution for that would speed up my work enormously.

Thanks in advance.

Animation requires too much work and motion capture is expensive as you already know, and it is more project specific than models or textures, so dont expect anything free or cheap. There are free mocap data out there but most of them are useless for games. I suggest looking into Mixamo or hiring an animator.

You can ask around in the forums for more information on this topic.

Hi.There are some free mocap library around. The most complete and good quality is cmu mocaps.
Blender has a plugin called Carnegie Mellon University Motion Capture Library Browser that can import all these mocaps direct and you can see the animations. You can browser all mocaps from cmu repository direct from blender. Search in youtube for blender cmu mocap retarget, there are some nice tutorials about it. [1]: http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/

Thanks for the information. I will try out what you’ve said.

I think Maximo could be the answer. It looks promising :smiley:

I’ve had decent results with ipisoft and breckel kinect. Nothing beats a pro setup though.