MobileContentScaleFactor on ipad 2018

Hello,
it’s the first time i’m developing for iOS on UE4, I am using and iPad 2018 (9.7). The first thing I notice when deploying the app is that resolution is not quite the native, it looks a bit blurry, I searched for ways to fix this and found MobileContentScaleFactor, I have tried to assign it in BaseDeviceProfiles.ini on both engine and project folders, but I can’t see any changes when deploying.
I couldn’t find any device profile for ipad 6 (which I belive is the current version), so I created iPad5 and iPad6 profiles (I also tried iPad97), but there’s no change, here’s what I tried:

[iPad5 DeviceProfile]
DeviceType=IOS
BaseProfileName=IOS
+CVars=r.RenderTargetSwitchWorkaround=1
+CVars=r.MobileContentScaleFactor=2

[iPad6 DeviceProfile]
DeviceType=IOS
BaseProfileName=IOS

[iPad97 DeviceProfile]
DeviceType=IOS
BaseProfileName=IOS

Since this didn’t result in a full 2048x1536 resolution I modified MobileContentScaleFactor to 2 in every single iOS device on Engine/Config/BaseDeviceProfiles.ini, but it still didn’t change. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with not getting the right name of the device (I don’t know which one it should be), or if the MobileContentScaleFactor should be anything other than 2 in order to get full resolution.

Here’s a screenshot taken from the iPad: http://oi63.tinypic.com/5nqjow.jpg
I am just using a 2048x2048 texture on a plane in the background, and in an image in a widget on front, no scaling.

I’d like to know if anyone has had the same issue and has been able to solve it on iPad 2018,
Thanks a lot!

same issue~anybody knows?
And what about the next iPhoneX Plus?

i think its 1.5 for low and 3 for high resolution let me know if this works cause i dont have a 2018 ipad to test this out thx, also the name is iPadPro97

i think its 1.5 for low, 3 for high and its called iPadPro97
post back if it works, idont have a ipad 2018 to test thx

Hi, thanks for your reply, I actually gave up on iPad and started developing for PC, now I might be able to try your suggestion later, if i have the time i’ll post back if it works.

Has this been resolved? I have the same issue.

For anyone with the same problem as me, the correct name to address the iPad 2018 in a DefaultDeviceProfiles.ini is: “IPadPro2_129”.

[IPadPro2_129 DeviceProfile]
DeviceType=IOS
BaseProfileName=IOS
+CVars=r.MobileContentScaleFactor=3

This is what worked for me.
I found it out by using a “Get Active Device Profile Name” pin, and printed it on my iPad.
I hope this helps anyone in the future!
ND

I would assume all the iPads probably have a max MobileContentScaleFactor of 2 base on this: