Mobile Project Almost Finished... First Step to Get on App Store?

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had kind of a first step to get my mobile project on the app store. Do I have to have a macbook to go through the certificate process and such? If so, is there a way to send a project over email or some other way (I am currently working on a dell computer)?

Thanks!

For iOs you need to have mac (i did this some years ago and we were forced to buy some old mac mini, or you can rent mac online). There are many weird hoops to get published on apple store, dont remembber them all, but for first timer be preapred for about two weeks of major WTF moments.

Also size, google for current size limits for mobile stores, optimize size of your game first before investing any $$$ into releasing it.

1 Like

Thanks so much! Do you have any tips for optimizing the size of the game??

There was some statistic tool that displayed size of all assets, i think in debug tools in editor.
Biggest offenders are usually textures, you can change their size or compression method. Meshes are small compared to textures and you do not squeeze much out of them. And then sound but it is easy to ruin its quality for little size gain.

Last time i tried to squeeze game in that 120mb (or so) unreal code and engine took 90mb, with only 30mb left for game.

So imo best size optimization is switching to godot. Or make your own downloader for your game content, so you only publish code part of game with rest downloaded.

Hey, i hope this helps. since i had used a similar thing. these were the steps i followed.

1. Sign up for the Apple Developer Program.
  2. Prepare your app for submission.
  3. Create your App Store listing via App Store Connect.
  4. Make your App Store screenshots.
  5. Upload your app to App Store connect using Xcode.
  6. Submit your app for review.
1 Like

Thanks so much!