Mobile Device Scaling - Inaccurate?

Hey everyone,

I’m wondering if someone could help me understand widget scaling a little better. Essentially I’m working on UI that is currently being targeted for my Android Galaxy S9 (solely because it’s the only device I have available to me to physically test). Now, I do have a nice list of resolutions that I’m also applying as I go to ensure everything is theoretically scaled for other devices. Using these resolutions, along with the DPI scaling curve, I have matched all these up to work within the editor. However, I run into problems when I actually go to test my game on my device. In the widget editor, it shows that the Android Galaxy S9 has a resolution of 1440x2960 (18.5x9) under the Screen Size list of mobile devices. Selecting this device alters the scaling in the editor view as Android_High 1280x720 (18.5:9), as shown:

So, targeting the shortest side. I’ve set my DPI scaling to be 1 at the resolution of 720:

Problem is, when I launch my game from my device I get a resolution of 1472x720, DPI scaling 1, which throws my UI off significantly:

Setting a custom screen size of this in the editor does produce the same problem, and even though it’s difficult to tell, yes the way the UI is off is matched up exactly how it is in game:

At this point I have confirmed and tried the following:

1. Changing the DPI scaling on 720 does show up in-game, so I know this 720 value is the one being used.
  2. Attempting as many different variations of anchor points, scaling and or sizing box wrappers, and alignment settings that I can think of all produce the same issue.
  3. Fitting my UI under my custom screen results in a giant mess when DPI scaling is applied to the other resolutions. So a more standard 1080x1920 will always be wrong no matter what DPI scaling I apply to it.

I’ve been searching for days to find something that may answer my question, all to no avail. I’m really hoping someone can help me out here, or at the very least point me in the right direction. Thanks!