Mobile device - Disable jump when screen is touched?

Hey again guys! First off I’m sorry for starting another thread in as many minutes but I can’t find a solution for this. I’m quite sure I’ve managed to do it before but I can’t for the life of me figure it out this time.

So what happens is when i touch the screen the character jumps, Instead what I want to do is have a button control the character jump.
So Iv’e basically made a UMG button which controls the jump function fine but I now need to disable jump when the screen is touched.

Thanks!

Hmm… I’d like to know this too, I enabled “use mouse for touch controls” on my 2D side scroller, and when I clicked, my person would jump even though I saw no inputs for this.

Anyone have any ideas on this? It’s kind of irritating because if a button is missed then the character jumps. There must be a way of preventing it?

Sorry for the bumpage!

Lol found it, if you look in the event graph of the character BP, look for the place that handles jump , and it has ‘InputTouch’ linked to jumping.

OH MY GOD. Hahahaha… How stupid do I feel right now. I was looking at the jump input and didn’t even see the touch input. :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks though. (:

Yep I did the same thing, but added crouch and saw it.

I have no input touch node in my whole character blueprints but it still jumps when I touch the screen, WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYY!!!

maybe the blueprint your character inherited from has that node