Mobile Camera Orientation

Hello.

I am in the process of making a game for an android device, where the “” is supposed to look around by moving and turning the device so that the controler acts like a “camera” with yaw, pitch and roll.
Is there any simple way to do this? I have tryed to use the “Rotation rate” input, but on the roll axis and pitch axis wont go back to hteir orininal values when the device is moved back to “start possition”.
Is it better to use the tilt input for this, and is there a way to set the view angle directly form the tilt values?

Thanks in advance!!

Did you ever figure this out? I have yet to see anyone in Unreal pull this off. I know people are saying it works and are doing SOMEthing, (All I’m seeing are people outputting vectors) but it sure isn’t a popular method of input if you look at the games being put out there on mobile.

Heh, I was just replying to other posts about this:

Also very interested in an answer to this

Hey Minxies,

Are you trying to figure out this exact question that was posted previously, or an issue similar? Please provided as much detailed information on an AnswerHub post so that we can assist you further. Include your version of the engine and any screenshots where you’ve attempted to accomplish this.

Thanks!

It’s actually neither. I don’t think this issue has been properly solved yet.

Though I think I’ve found a good starting point for this…

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/264707640_Implementing_a_Sensor_Fusion_Algorithm_for_3D_Orientation_Detection_with_InertialMagnetic_Sensors

Is a good white paper on how to do this.

You’ll see equation 2 and 3 on page 2 is how you figure out the Roll/Tilt (via the Gravity vector)

The Roll can then be deducted directly from the Tilt vector.

I’ll keep you posted with progress I make with this.

Hi Community,

I’ve put out a $50 bounty, on Upwork, to get this problem finally resolved. You can see it here:

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/Unreal-Engine-acheive-augmented-reality-style-camera-Blueprint_~017432da422b14b0fc

If you’re interested, please PM me or apply on Upwork.

I know it’s not much, but I’ll be sure to credit you and share your work back to the Forum/community.

Thanks

Minxies