Mobile Application Usage

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Can I get opinions on using Unreal Engine 4 as a mobile application development software? I’m attempting to learn C++ but I can build things much faster using Blueprint. The idea of it being that I would be using UMG to handle everything because the app is just a companion to a mountain biking trail system we manage. What are everyone’s thoughts on using Unreal Engine 4 as a mobile application development software? Sensible or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks!

In my opinion, I wouldn’t use UE4 for a mobile application unless you’re aiming for high-end graphics and/or real-time online multiplayer unless you’re already very experienced in UE4 development or have a knack for tinkering.

Also, you make it sound like this is a mostly UI-only app, with little to no 3D graphics, in which case you’d have a much faster development cycle using tools aimed at app development instead of game engines like UE4 or Unity. Frameworks like NativeScript, for example, allow for real-time code hot-reload directly on device.