MMOKit blueprints help - PAID

Hi

Anyone out there who would be interested in freelance troubleshooting an MMOKit project which I’ve produced some thorny issues in. They are issues caused by me tinkering around adding features, not by the Kit itself.

• equipped item moving out of sync with character on remote client (okay on locally controlled client)
  • on launch, equipped items do not load on character all the time (they revert into inventory)
  • database not always updating on save (but in log seems ok)
  • map camera jitters when not zooming (not a MMO kit feature & wasn’t happening until 4.11)
  • visited map waypoints not reliably saving to database on arrival at a waypoint
  • all map waypoints in world previously set to visible get set invisible when toggling map on
  • sometimes database just totally empty
  • Equip menu sometimes cannot be moved if Inventory menu is opened straight after (without closing menu and opening it again)
  • some related clean up of blueprints

If so, PM with a quote estimate and CV
This is a small freelance task for a totally un-notable project, not anything you’d want to give up your day job for, but you might be excited about testing your debugging skills and getting some money for that.
Probably this is best suited to someone who has experience pulling apart similar problems, knows about multiplayer blueprints and UI, and willing to take on a short term job.

"This is a small freelance task for a totally un-notable project, not anything you’d want to give up your day job "
That’s true for those who already familer with mmo kits code base.
Otherwise the guy have to understand the code base first.and that is not going to be happen in 1day.

Those issues seems critical for a kits reputation. Did u ask its developer about those issues ?
What was his response ?

Yes I did. Codespartan helps me a lot and is awesome.
But he’s working full time and I also work full time, so I’m looking for someone to help speed things along.
I did remark that the faults in my project were introduced by me , they’re not issues with the kit, which works fine. I’m adding features like maps, waypoints and vehicles and scrolling inventory that add to or change the project. I need help to edit this to be lean and clean.

As you said, sure some time to figure out how the kit and project works would be part of the required work. Everything is in blueprints; I don’t this is work that requires coding particularly.

• database not always updating on save (but in log seems ok)

Error is caused by the stupid fact, that UE4 deletes all data of other classes on close. So for example in MMOPlayer you use the Event OnEndView on Server, then data sets / calls arent done if you need for Example MMOPlayerController Object / MMOPlayerState for it.

Had the Same Error on my MMO Master Server ( replaced whole php stuff with a self written socket server connection, that handles and caches everything). UE4 says it sent the request, but it never arrives ( i used 3 requests on close , 2 arrived, 3. never did)

I did this to fix: adding same Events to other Classes i use and added a delay of 5 seconds to prevent stuff from beeing destroyed, thats enough for ue4 to save ( at least via socket server)

• sometimes database just totally empty -> references to same error ( deletes everything but data sets are empty , so database stays empty)

• map camera jitters when not zooming (not a MMO kit feature & wasn’t happening until 4.11)

Is a quite huge bug in 4.11, but (at least for me) isnt present in 4.12 the 4.11 version starts jittering if the map is too large.