Mixamo Fuse Export to Ue4, easy skin binding solution.

(Maya 2016) This is not an animation tutorial, just a solution for exporting fuse models directly out of fuse into maya. This will work with Root motion. Well, here’s the best solution I’ve found so far, for implementing a character Directly From Fuse, especially if you are struggling with something like a clothing system .One downside is you will want a previously rigged character for ue4 (It works with a generic SK_Mannequin but will just be more fiddly to set up since you will have more trouble aligning the two meshes) . Another is that it might not work very well cross-gender or with drastically different body scales.

1.Start off by importing the Ue4 character and removing all the attached clothing models until you have just the body left, select the body in your Outliner and rename it.(Hopefully you have a complete body, or this probably wont work).

2.Go into fuse and create whatever you want your character to be. export this as an obj in the fuse export options, and import the obj into your maya scene.

3.Select all the imported OBJ Objects in the Outliner and Rotate them 90* upward until they fit the position of your Starting Ue4 character. (A Trick to get the rotation perfect is to go into your rotation tool and set "Step Snap to 45 or 90)

4.Start to align your ue4 bodies bones you renamed to fit the OBJ files you imported

5.Change the Mode in maya from whatever you are currently on to Rigging(Default in the top left). In the Outliner Select All the imported Obj Files, and then select your UE4 characters “Root” bone.

6.With all the OBJ files and Root bone selected go to Skin-Bind Skin.

7.After you have Bound all the obj files to the root hierarchy, you need to select your initial Ue4 Body that you renamed.

8.This is a very key part to make sure to do this in This Order, with the Initial Ue4 Body that you renamed Selected First, Ctrl-Select the first Obj that you have imported so that Both are Highlighted in your Outliner

9.Now with those two selected in outline go to Skin-Copy Skin Weights. This will copy the initial skin weights of the Ue4 Body that you renamed to what you have selected.

10.Go back to step 8, and Repeat the step but with the next Obj file you imported down the list.

1. After you have done this for each Mesh Part Obj, you can find your initial Ue4 Body that you renamed and delete it.

After this all you should need to do is export and import directly into ue4. In my case i didn’t even need to use a unique skeleton, i was just able to plop it straight into an existing one.