Mixamo animation to Metahuman. I am getting same error message and can't move forward

Hello!

For the past few days, I have been learning how to retarget IK rig in unreal 5. I got the animation from Mixamo and retargeted that animation to my custom-created Metahuman. It was amusing till I hit a few problems.

I can’t seem to edit the fingers in IK retargeting without crashing while exporting. And I’m getting below errors every time I try to work on animation in the sequence. I tried it on a fresh new project and have the same crashing issue. I’m using Unreal 5.0.1.

LoginId:
EpicAccountId:

Assertion failed: Message != nullptr [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Animation\AnimNodeBase.h] [Line: 243]

UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_MovieSceneTracks
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_MovieScene
UnrealEditor_Sequencer
UnrealEditor_Sequencer
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_DisplayClusterEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Thanks in Advance!

7 Likes

Same. I have encountered a few discussions, but no fixes. I’ve updated my graphics drivers, and UE5 to the latest release, and I get the same error (or almost identical). Alsways crashes on export from the IK rig retargeter.

Definitely looking for some solutions, or a fix from Epic.

2 Likes

Bumping for same crash, with no fix. For me its when i adjust the transform of a character in Sequencer.

1 Like

I have the same problem as you, when I move my metahuman character it crashes

I am under Macbook pro M1 Max

1 Like

Also having the same issue on Windows 10, it also happens when I’m animating a metahuman in the sequencer. Had the same error code.

Also having the same issue on Windows 10; it also happens when I’m animating a metahuman in the sequencer. Had the same error code.

There is an issue log open for this but no resolution yet. UE-159918

Hey, I’m also experiencing this specific error. It seems to be inconsistent on when it happens, but duplicating Metahumans within sequencer causes it most often. Just dragging the transform of the Metahumans around has also caused it.

Would love a fix, this is a show stopper.

I think I found a fix but it may not work with metahuman:

Create blend space for your skele, create anim BP

Then in the animation tab (in details) of your skele, change the Animation mode to Use Animation Blueprint and then change the Anim Class to AnimSequenceInstance.

Idk so far it’s working for me, but don’t count on it!

1 Like