Mission & Objectives

Hey, I love to present Editor extension for UE4 with custom nodes where in the very easy way Missions (Quests) and respective objectives can be defined.

LATEST UPDATE 4.25 (lifetime support)

Marketplace link: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…ion-objectives
Documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1…LW6hOH7hsyBxOY
Discord support: TefelDev
Example project: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10R…XtzAsnm93rsITI

There are many features which plugin currently supports:

• Multiple simultaneous missions running and being picked from the pool.
  • Negative objectives leading to mission failure
  • Positive objective leading to missions successful
  • Side tasks which may trigger some special rewards and conditions
  • Switching between missions
  • Completing objectives from ongoing Missions
  • Many systems of prompts, previews, notifications
  • Missions selection and log
  • Multiplayer support
  • Dialogues and narrative (sounds)
  • Different visuals for node paths - successful, neutral and negative

As you can see on the picture above there are multiple (so far five) different widgets communicating with the mission and objective system. They listen to special prepared events.

Savegame system fully supports Mission & Objectives

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“custom”,“data-tempid”:“temp_188152_1586419478774_333”,“height”:“311”,“title”:“image_147876.jpg”,“width”:“600”}[/ATTACH]

Please share with me your opinions and what eventually is missing what would be good to have in the final version.
Savegame update - serialized Mission & Objectives - YouTube

UPDATES:

• fixed issue when shipping for 4.20
  • added missions main menu with selection
  • added savegame system
1 Like

Added spacecraft travel mission which is showing in very simple way how powerful is this Editor Tool.
It provides run-time updates and side missions.

Hey, what are you guys think about these assets?

I am happy to announced that plugin is finally RELEASED!

GREAT NEWS!

It is limitation of UObject which is not part of the world. Because all static and function library methods works with world context object it cannot be used.
I implemented providing World for it so now it should support all Static and World blueprint functions!
Going to update plugin soon, enjoy!

The plugin is available in the Unreal Engine Marketplace Summer Flash Sale is LIVE!
Save 30% on it https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…ion-objectives
or other hundreds of products in every category!

2fa1a61e599bbfe35ded94e4df6e179e.jpg

Hello,
I was using your plugin for a while and it works great thanks.
I’m trying to save missions at shipping build. But it seems “SaveMissionsToSlot” function doesn’t create a save slot at “C:\Users"USER”\AppData\Local\Game\Saved\SaveGames" folder.

Thanks

Hello,

After purchasing this plugin, I added it to my C++ Project. I did nothing except add it to the project then tried to build the project and I get this warning:

UnrealBuildTool : warning : Module ‘APPFRAMEWORK’ (referenced via Target → MissionObjectives.Build.cs) has incorrect text case. Did you mean ‘AppFramework’?

Yes I can fix it easy by changing it in the MissionObjectives.Build.cs file but The Epic Game Launcher would bug me to update the plugin (changing it back to what is there currently) and I would have no way to know when and if you had actually updated the plugin.

Therefore I am here to ask that you update the MissionObjectives.Build.cs file so that the text case to AppFramework is correct and VS will quit warning me about it.
Please! and Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know, I will include this change in the next iteration of the plugin! I am glad is just a warning.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find any documentation on the objective asset and the complete objective by asset. My assumption would be that it is used to contain the eventing and logic to determine if objective is completed, but I can’t seem to assign any objects to the objective asset in the details of an objective. Can you shed some light on this please.

There are links in the Plugin description here:

• Preview Video
  • Integration Video
  • Documentation
  • Support thread
  • and example projects

Direct documentation link:

The plugin is currently discounted -50% during BLACK FRIDAY SALE