Missing precompiled manifest for 'DirectoryWatcher'. How to fix it?

Hello. There was such a problem. Initially, I could not compile the project because the compiler could not find the header files. I solved this problem, it is described here:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/ans…5415/view.html

In short, I added the “DirectoryWatcher” module to the file - PROJECT_NAME.Build.cs

However, a new problem arose. When trying to compile the project, I get the following error:
**UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘DirectoryWatcher’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in DirectoryWatcher.build.cs to override.

PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘DirectoryWatcher’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in DirectoryWatcher.build.cs to override.**

I’ve tried adding the line “bPrecompile = true;” to *.Target.cs files
and
“bUsePrecompiled = true;” to *.Build.cs file

The same error occured, only with different text:
**UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘FolderMods’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in FolderMods.build.cs to override.

PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for ‘FolderMods’. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set ‘PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;’ in FolderMods.build.cs to override.**

FolderMods - it’s project name

Is it possible to fix this problem? I’m using the “DirectoryWatcher” module to implement real-time updating of mod scripts when files change, and I don’t want to give up on that idea.

2 Likes