Missing plugin on packaging of project

How do I ensure the different plugins of the project get included and packaged with the project when I package it? The plugins themselves work in the editor, but I get an error message saying they’re not included when I try to build the project.

“Plugin ‘VaRest’ failed to load because module ‘VaRest’ could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise, condier disabling the plugin for this project.”

Appear when trying to run the packaged .exe file.

Hey

Have you gone through the instructions and examples on how to get VaRest implemented? If not, you can look that information up [here][1].

Cheers!

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

As I said, the plugin work in the editor, I’ve used it to send several packages when testing using the Unreal Editor for development and testing.

When I package the project, it doesn’t work and complain that it’s missing.

Unfortunately, since this plugin isn’t considered Epic content, we are unable to offer support directly for it. The following links are what I’ve found for the plugin and JSON_Query directly:

JSON - A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

vaRest - A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

I did read a bit up on it, and apparently it’s beset to use this plugin with a C++ project rather than a blueprint project, as it’s not fully supported with blueprints, and it’s also not supported for Mac. I’m not sure if any of that information pertains to you either.

Cheers!

So there is no support on the general basis that a plugin doesn’t get included when you’re packaging a project in Unreal Engine?

Nothing like “add the plugon directory to that option over there” or “copy the binaries into the folder after build” or anything more general like that?

Hey

Since this isn’t considered Epic content, we do not assist with it directly. However, here are a few links that may help you achieve the goal you’re in search of:

[Plugins][1]

[AnswerHub Post regarding Plugins & Packaging][2]

[AnswerHub Post regarding Community Plugins & Packaging][3]

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Plugins in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation
[2]: Packaging up an Editor Plugin - Feedback & Requests - Epic Developer Community Forums
[3]: Unable to run community plugins when packaged. - Plugins - Epic Developer Community Forums

This is a bit silly…

The third link is exactly the same issue I have, which really suggest that it’s not a problem specific to the plugin VaRest, but community plugins in general.

While VaRest is not a plugin Epic support directly, the issue is more related to all community plugins. And while Epic doesn’t support each of them directly by themselves, surely an issue related to a bunch of them should get some support for a solution.

Not to mention Lincoln specifically tested with getnamo’s Razer Hydra plugin, which is unofficial and wouldn’t be supported by Epic as far as I can tell. He also provided solutions for that one plugin in particular, which seems likely to solve my identical problem as well…

The links provided did help solve my problem, thanks for the help.

@ A kind reminder , please always share any solution you find if you reached it using help from the community. Saves a lot of time for others.

You’re welcome !

Hey @

Could you please tell how exactly did you solve this issue?

Based on 's comment above, the Getnamo’s Razer Hydra plugin suggestions provided by Lincoln in the third link I provided seemed to have resolved his issue.

Thanks!