Missing options in custom launch profiles?

Hey guys,

This is not strictly a bug report, more a missing feature report but i don’t know where to post it.

I’m starting to use dlc and hence custom launch profiles.

I’ve noticed that some options are defined both in the default packaging menu (edit/project settings/packaging) and in the custom launch profiles (windows/project launcher/custom launch profile) while some others are not.

For example:

• localization, using pak files, compressing content, not including editor content, all can be chosen both ways

• the additional directories to cook/never cook, the non asset directories to package/copy are not available per custom launch profile

This causes confusion to beginners (which is used when both are available ? -i guess custom > default-) but more importantly, the missing options in the custom profiles are really missing here.

All my content is loaded dynamically during runtime, so i am not relying on the map for cooking and i have to specify a long list of extra directories to cook.

Not being able to do this in each custom profile is a pain, i have to manually supress/redefine all the directories whenever i package the game core or a dlc.

So my question:

Is it possible to have all the packaging options in the custom launch profile ?

I’m thinking specifically to “additional asset directory to cook”, but a general harmonization wouldn’t hurt i’m sure.

Thanks a lot for the great work !

Cheers

UnrealFrontEnd is intended to be used as a quicker way to test your project as you make changes to it. So you can select the options that are available, or even put in additional command lines to add additional options to your cooking process.

If you wish to use options that aren’t currently in UFE, you can implement them by using the command lines that are provided within the custom profile.

• [Packaging and Cooking Games][1]

Packaging and Cooking Games in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Hey ,

Thanks for your answer but i couldn’t find anywhere the option that would save me^^

I watched here:

And i also watched the logs generated by the custom custom launch profile but didn’t find anything.

Could you please give me an example of the option to use in the command line to add extra dirs to cook ?

Thanks

I have verified that adding extra directories to cook for the command line isn’t actually within the editor. We have one in for maps, but not directories. You should be able to choose the directories you want to cook from going through the project settings. If this is a feature that’s very important for you, I can submit a feature request to see what the developers thoughts are.

Hey ,

Well, it would certainly be useful for me but if i am the only one asking, obviously it can’t be a priority :smiley:

I don’t want to be a pain here so let’s forget it, and if anyone reopen this case to make the same request, then we can bother the devs with this.

Actually i am currently using the projects settings but they seem to not work as i expect, which i the reason for my other bug report (that you also answered).

Let’s keep problems separate, i’ll tell more about this in the other thread, let’s close this one.

You’re not the only one, mate! o/
For DLC content packaging it would be immensely useful to be able to set Additional Directories to Cook for each profile.