If you set the input mode to GameOnly in your player controller and then set bShowMouseCursor to true then mouse clicks start to get missed. With those two settings I started missing about half my click events while clicking rapidly, but if I slowed down I was able to get into a rhythm where not a single click was being registered. I’ve attached a project where I reproduced the bug but the steps I took to make the project are as follows:
- Create a blueprint inherited from PlayerController.
- Make a left mouse button event that prints a string when pressed.
- Make a right mouse button event that sets bShowMouseCursor = !bShowMouseCursor when pressed.
- In BeginPlay call the “Set Input Mode Game Only” function, pass in a reference to self.
- Create a blueprint inherited from GameMode.
- Set the default PlayerController to the PC from step 1.
- Run PIE. Left clicking brings up the printed string from step 2 every time if the mouse cursor is visible but starts getting missed if you toggle the cursor on.
Here’s my repro case project. Thanks.