missing module after packaging

Hi, I am facing a weird problem. I have a game that consists of several custom modules (i created). When I package the game and run it, I receive the following message:

‘The game module ‘XXXXX’ could not be found. Please ensure that this module exists and that it is compiled.’ and then the game close

However, in the editor, its works fine. I have checked the .uproject file and the target file, and it is included there. So, is there an option to include modules for packaging? Am I missing something?

1 Like

finally i figure it out …in module folder in cpp file next to Build file . the file that have this line
IMPLEMENT_GAME_MODULE( FDefaultGameModuleImpl, Manager );

my module name is Manager but by mistake its renemed to another name that not match the module name . now this is i dont know it that module will work fine in editor but when i package it will give me message say module Manager Is missing

Greetings @kinanhSalem

I’d start by making sure the directory and file name of the module is the same as the call in UE. If it continues to happen, I’d consider making a new project and bringing all of the assets over and test again from there. (Make sure all of your calls/directories are correct)

1 Like