Missing Modes panel in default layout

I can not find Modes panel with its small icons which should be on the upper left. Instead is a panel called “place actor”. What should I do to make it back? I have already tried to reset layout it didn’t work.

Editor Preferences and search for Enable Legacy Editor Mode UI. Restart editor.

2 Likes

It worked! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Thank you, I had the same issue.

Thanks for asking, I had the same problem and am a newbie on the unreal engine.

Is there a way to enable the same tabs of the old Mode Panel (Paint Mode, Landscape Mode, Foliage Mode, etc.) without having to set the legacy UI ?

Is there a way to enable the same tabs of the old Mode Panel (Paint Mode, Landscape Mode, Foliage Mode, etc.) without having to set the legacy UI ?

Thank you! That was preventing me from following along with just about every tutorial :slight_smile:

thank you! :))

They moved the modes panel into a dropdown between Source Control and Content. If you pick an option from there it will open the appropriate panel window.

Thanks very much!

the modes panel is deprecated, and will be removed in the future version

Thank you so much.
The “new” modes are such a downgrade.

A minor note of caution with this answer: it will move not just the modes panel but also other UI items to their ‘legacy’ position. This may be what you want, particularly if you are already familiar with the tool. It may also be suitable as a temporary measure to get you through an older tutorial. However, particularly
if you are a new starter, you may want to consider sticking with the ‘new’ UI.

Thank you!

Thankx so much for your information. It is very useful as I’m a newbie.
Good job :slight_smile:

Window - Place Actors

4 Likes

Thnx man, I didn’t read your reply yet. So sorry!!!

Thnx a lot!

i can’t find Enable Legacy Editor Mode UI in Editor Preferences i try many times but no results