Missing images in Unreal Docs

Hello, I noticed over the past two years that a bunch of images are missing or are incorrectly linked in the Unreal Docs. A good example is “Randomly Generated Foliage”:

Is it possible to relink or reupload these images? I would love to use that tutorial, but without the image it’s sadly useless… :frowning:

I would give links to the other specifics docs where images are missing, but I forgot which one they are, I am sorry.

I don’t get it. What’s wrong with the “Randomly Generated Foliage” doc? Except for a slight change in the construction script, everything looks the same.

Because it’s impossible to open the image, it gives me an error: “The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable”. And without the image I am unable to see how to build the blueprint.

There are only 3 images. The only one clickable is the construction script, which just like the other 2 are irrelevant, since they are just for show.

In any case, this particular BP is inside the “Blueprints” project, so you just need to migrate it into your project.

Well it would be nice if that would be stated in the text, how am I supposed to know it’s inside the Blueprints project?

That’s true. Fortunately I have a very good memory.
However if you have gone through the hierarchy of pages, you would have found out it was part of the Blueprints project:

Samples and Tutorials -> Engine Feature Examples -> Blueprints -> Randomly Generated Foliage

Yes I did that after you pointed it out. I could (or should) have seen that indeed, but since I landed on that page through a Google search, I wasn’t looking at the hirarchy. I think it would be good if Epic could add a sentence to the individual pages, saying where it is, for stupid people like me.

Anyway, thank you for your replies and helping me out !

@spacegojira

I’ve removed the ability for the image to be clickable which is confusing when you get an image you can’t even make out what’s in it! I’ve also added a caption to the image to clarify this fact and where to find the BP.

Hopefully, this minor change will help anyone else who comes across the page as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you so much, this is really helpful indeed ! :slight_smile:

Environment Query System Quick Start in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation - Images???