Missing Actor from Level Sequence? Sequence locking on Random Camera?

Hey UE4 gang!

I was having an issue where when I played a level sequence (Tree movie), it would switch to a random camera from a different level sequence and be stuck there, effectively breaking my game.

I posted a thread about it and spent a few weeks throwing myself at the problem, trying to figure out a workaround. Finally, I just decided I’d duplicate the sequence and see if the new sequence (Tree Dup) worked. For some reason, that sequencer doesn’t get locked on a random camera as often (but it did in the Youtube video I’m linking!), but the location of actors for that sequence (the camera and a skeletal mesh actor) are in the wrong spots. Sequencer says they’ll be here, but during gameplay, when the sequence plays, they’re over there.

I made a video where I play the sequence, pause it, and zoom out to show where the actor is, and where the level sequence says the actor should be. It’s here:

I was trying to figure out if the old Matinee system was still available, in case that was more stable than Sequencer, but I think it’s gone. I’m working in engine version 4.26.

The video also shows how the sequencer randomly locks to a camera that isn’t even in the sequence sometimes, effectively breaking the game. Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

Also I just realized that when I play the game, it says “Tree_Sequence” along the top and bottom of the frame. Maybe that’s a clue?

Update: I’m going to mark this as solved, because I’ve gotten it to replay correctly with the mesh moving. I don’t know if it’s still going to have the “getting stuck with the wrong camera” issue, but anyways here is what I did.

As I was making this walkthrough I realized I had a lot of things going on, so that made it hard to figure out what was causing the problem. I unhooked my “check every frame to fix” code, and then looked at my Begin Play, which looked like this:

I was initializing, then freezing, my Level Sequences so that the meshes would be at the 0 frame initially. I unhooked this, and added the Create Level Sequence Player node to when it the sequence would be called, and it’s looking like it’s working.

I don’t know how to delete threads, but yeah I just reviewed what I posted, realized I had too much going on, walked through all the steps, and hoped for the best and it worked out this time. :slight_smile: