Misfits Productions is currently seeking a visionary and experienced Lead Senior Programmer working with Unreal Engine 4 for a full time contract position.
Candidates must have a passion for designing, implementing, and maintaining gameplay systems and tools. Applicants should be enthusiastic about the opportunity to collaborate with other developers across disciplines, seek out opportunities to dive in, solve problems, and make improvements wherever necessary. The ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing multiple hats and assisting other team members as needed. The ideal candidate has considerable experience contributing to a large cutting-edge code base and has the ability to architect and implement critical game engine components.
- Design, develop, and maintain the core engine systems applications and game development.
- Oversee and direct junior programmers.
- Create software systems that are intrinsically scale-able and cross platform, including large scale networking features.
- Create or improve tools as necessary to support specific features/systems.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
- Five or more years of experience in the creation and delivery of state-of-the-art, performance-minded games preferably with at least two in-game credits.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++.
- Proficient with linear algebra and general 3D mathematics.
- Comfortable working with internal and externally developed code.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with engineers and team members from other disciplines.
- A natural curiosity for all aspects of game development and a willingness to work on a wide variety of systems.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
- Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
- Extensive Hands-on experience developing for Unreal Engine 4.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software.
- Experience with real-time physics, animation, and inverse kinematics.
- Misfits Productions is an Indie gaming company, salary will be based on experience, with potential to buy into the company as a shareholder at the end of contract.
- Applicant will must reside in Canada or USA, this will be a remote, paid, and contracted full time position.