Minshan Grove - Fantasy scene made in Unreal Engine 4

Hello everyone, i wanted to present to you my latest project i’ve made in Unreal Engine.
For this scene my goal was to create a stylized scene based on the environment concept by Matthieu Limozin.
During the creation process I learned a lot about the environment art pipeline, such as stylized foliage, water shaders and lighting.
Huge thanks Sensei and friend Georg Klein for his help and for answering all my questions, my Mom who always supported me also Maëlys Stuaert and Claire Lizoret for their feedback.
I hope you like it.

Minshan Grove Artstation Link

47 Likes

A fellow panda :panda_face:

This scene is obviously stunning. The water is especially breathtaking and so incredibly dreamy. I felt as though I was stepping into a dream just being able to look at this.

Out of curiosity, what was the most difficult part of creating this?

1 Like

Pandas are just the best.

Thank you so much for your comment, since this is my second project on Unreal, to be honest the most challenging part was the lighting. To work with a Directional light / Skylight, adding spotlights and rim lights all around the view was kinda hard to get spot on since i wanted to transfer a warm feeling through this scene and make the viewer really feel that sunset vibe. I gave the windmill and the other models the highlight they deserve so i can guide the viewer’s eyes toward the main focal point which is of course the windmill and enjoy that water slide.
I really learned a lot and it was quite fun.
Thank you again :panda_face:

3 Likes

Only your second project? Thats incredibly impressive. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the motivation. Thank you, thank you !

It is beautiful. Great job!

Thank you so much :smiley:

Wow, it’s amazing! Keep up creating beautiful things :dizzy:

It looks like some fantazy painting, I can’t believe you can actually interact and walk in this world O_O That’s mindblowing that we live in a world where we can create stuff like this. I already checked the video, it is stunning!

Beautiful work Nemsix!

Thank you so much, you made my day with your comment. I’m really glad you liked it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the support.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your inspiring scene! What helped you get started as a beginner?

This is amazing Nemsix! Considering this is only your 2nd project, I can’t imagine the growth you have in store for you. Good job and keep up the good work!!!

You welcome, thank you for enjoying it. I’m preparing an article for 80.lv website where i explain everything i did in this project and once it’s done i will share it but to answer your question Youtube helped me a lot finding tutorial and guides. For the motivation I’ve been always a fan of stylized art, I’m a huge World of Warcraft / Overwatch fan and their style is just awesome so my goal is one day being able to do something similar to one of the two games. Thank you so much for asking the question.

Huge thank you for the kind words, it’s really kind of you. I’m really happy you liked the scene. Thank you thank you.