Minimap not showing complete map

Hi,

I’m a bit stumped with the Minimap in UEFN.

I used the normal blank island template, not one of the XL ones, and had to extend the map. But now the minimap is not showing the extended parts (see area circled in yellow in the screenshot).

I have the world partition manager open in UE, and it shows the whole map correctly. (I marked the players location there with a red X in the screenshot.)

I tried ‘Build World Partition Editor Minimap’, but it’s not solving the issue.

Anyone had this problem, or knows how to fix it? (Hope I don’t have to restart with the XL template. :sweat_smile: )

Kind regards.

Hey k3nzngtn,

I think this is all we can get at the moment as the minimap stuff is not fully functional yet and has this size limit.
I know from previous posts someone from Epic is working on it and hopefully they’ll have it sorted soon.

1 Like

Hi,

thank you for the info. So, the island type I choose for a project in the beginning pretty much has it’s minimap boundaries fixed, and I can’t build past it if I want my map to show up correctly?

I tested with one of the XL templates, and the minimap shows a much larger area on the minimap than the blank template. So my only option is to create a new project from a larger template to have the minimap working as I want?

That’s rather unfortunate. :sweat_smile:

I still wonder what this is about: Found this interesting instance: "WorldPartitionMiniMap" can it change minimap size? - #2 by Aidan_Mc

This seems to indicate otherwise, but I don’t get it to work. :cry:

Yeah thats the thread I remember,
I assumed it worked as mentioned and would automatically scale within the +/- 61000 limit.
Thanks for the heads up about the current fixed size issue for island templates.

1 Like

If you do want to use an XL template, there are ways to copy what you’ve already done over to it

1 Like

Ok, thx. I’ll try to do that. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

I actually got it to work. Initially I had copied and pasted the initial 4 GridPlanes, to enlargen the map. The minimap didn’t accept that. I deleted these copies, and just changed the size of the original 4 Planes. The minimap is showing up correct now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.