I created a little minimap on a UI widget using a camera and a rendertarget. If I run the game in the editor everything works as expected.
This morning I packaged the game (Windows) and ran it and the minimap doesn’t appear at all.
The basic setup is along these lines;
- Created First Person Template project
- Created a RenderTarget (default settings)
- Added a 2D Scene Capture component to the FirstPersonCharacter blueprint, positioned above the player
- Set the 2D Scene Capture component’s “Texture Target” to be the RenderTarget
- Right-clicked on the RenderTarget and created a material
- Added an Image UI component to the UI widget and set the Brush’s Image property to the material
- Added the UI widget to the viewport
I should add, the UI widget has many other items also and they are all displayed correctly, so not an issue with the widget itself.
The MiniMap appears correctly when running the game in the editor, but when packaged, it just doesn’t appear, the image “might” be there, but utterly transparent.
Can anyone think of a reason why this would be? Have I missed something?
Any help would be really appreciated.