Minimalist Interface Package

It’s fairly simple adding images and things in, shouldn’t be too complicated, in terms of adding the menu, you can just do “OnClicked, Create Widget: eXi Multiplayer Lobby”, there’s a few different methods :slight_smile:

Prompts, Chatbox, and a few fixes. Hopefully will be picking up more pace in terms of getting specific genre widgets soon.

3aa76e519558e8d2ff2449d3548a8e70e5dc2129.jpeg

I think some sort of slim borders would be nice. It’s rather hard to distinguish between a UI element and the level elements lining up underneath it. I also think it’s safe to assume there would be people intending to use this with some darker looking levels and therefor the need for a slightly visible border would go up.

Other than that, against light backgrounds, it looks awesome!

8/10 would buy.

This looks great! Looking forward to it!

Thanks!

Definitely going to be adding borders in a few things, I’ll make sure it fits the style however, but I’ll make it available so people can just add it in wherever they see fit. :slight_smile:

Most of the interfaces that blend in a bit more with darker areas are meant to be fairly transparent (like the chat box), but I’ll look into improving it some more. Thanks!

UPDATE: Currently working on the Shooter HUD, hopefully I’ll be able to show a screenshot tomorrow. :slight_smile:

More work, however now I’m working on a specific genre, which can of course be used for a lot of different things! The scoreboard will be customizable to add different sections (e.g. Score, or even “Best Time” for Racing games, etc.), multiple icons will come with this as well so you can change the game-mode at the top-center:

Also completed the Shooter HUD, which is also in the engine and functional (all I need to do is make the opening animations):

Elements shown on the HUD:

• Health
  • Stamina
  • Abilities
  • Weapons and Ammo
  • Minimap
  • Current Score and Timer

Please note that only a few things will function right from the gecko, but I cannot provide an actual working minimap, I will however provide as much documentation and tutorial links to get people started on everything they need for customizing and using the Interface Package in their game. The focus for the package however is heavily on the design and art rather than the functionality.

NOTE: The background is just Battlefield, I needed something to work with in Photoshop, I don’t own Battlefield and nor will any assets be included from Battlefield.

Btw, you said that you include tons of icons. Does this include icons for genres like strategy and the like?
I know you are not aiming this interface design for strategy games, but I was thinking that as long as you provide the icons (and the like) people could easily extend your plugin for their own needs.

Most of the icons will relate more towards RPG/Shooter/Racing and a few common icons; but they can definitely be reused for Strategy games. I could throw a couple strategy icons in there, but not heavily focused on Strategy. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I wasnt talking about icons specifically for strategy games, but rather more general ones. There are RPGs who need some “strategy” like icons as well. Mainly for navigation purposes and the like

By the way, do you have a submit date in mind?

Very soon! I recently just finished the last widget, now I’m just commenting and fixing stuff up/reviewing. Hopefully I’ll be submitting on Monday. :slight_smile:

Greaaat news :smiley:

This looks great. Consider me a customer. One request I would make is to add some kind of generic vendor/store interface. Maybe a list of items for sale and some buttons or some way to filter them by category. I understand you’re not implementing game logic and that’s actually great. I just need some pretty UMGs I can slap into my game.

Hmm, I currently just submitted the package in its current state; but I could release some sort of giant update with suggestions from the community. Not sure if I want to add it onto this package or create advanced packages aimed at certain genres (a giant RPG package maybe). I’ll definitely think about it!

Why are you not sharing this video with us :Ohttps://youtube.com/watch?v=UPQ3hAth39kLooking good! kinda better than expected

Oh my apologies, I’ll add it to the first post! :slight_smile:

Looks pretty amazing indeed :slight_smile:

Looks great. I’m interested if the price is reasonable.

The planned price is $29.99 USD, hopefully a fairly reasonable price. :slight_smile:

Very reasonable! I’ll definitely pick it up. Thanks for the fast answer :slight_smile: