Minecraft Replica

So I pretty much know nothing about making a game, but I want to learn. So I decided it would be a good idea to attempt to recreate Minecraft in UE4, as a learning project. So far I have a character with simple animations and I just wanted to share what I have so far. Any words of advice would be very helpful.:smiley:

Nice job dude! :smiley:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

It doesn’t look like much apart from altering the Player Character with your own animations; It’s a good starting point but I wouldn’t call it a Game at the moment.

I’m not trying to be harsh, I’m trying to help out. In my forum signature, I have a few links to free books that I’ve written that should help give you an understanding to the Blueprints system so you can make your own game in your own time!

Oh don’t worry about being harsh dude, it’s criticism like that that I need. I know it’s no where near a game, but this is the first thing in the engine that I managed to make without quitting out of frustration, so it’s really just a starting point. And I’ll definitely check out those links.