Migration of Plugin to new project - Package build fails

Hi,

This has been breaking my head for a few days here - I’ve searched so many posts, that I am now doubling back - so I would really appreciate any direction and guidance here.

I will describe what I have done, and what I am try to do.

I created a new UE5.0.1 blank project
I create a new code plugin, to which I edited in Rider
I completed my coding and all is well - builds as expected

I create a new UE5.0.1 (Blueprint) project
I moved my plugin source to the Engine, so I could consume in my new project
I consumed my plugin - I created a specific blueprint to interact with it
I can run the project and it works as I expect

I then attempt to package my project and I get the following error log:

Blockquote
LogTurnkeySupport: Display: Adding device menu item for
LogUObjectHash: Compacting FUObjectHashTables data took 1.01ms
LogTurnkeySupport: Project requires temp target (PixelStreaming plugin is enabled)
LogLauncherProfile: Unable to use promoted target - D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/Binaries/Win64/UnrealGame.target does not exist.
LogMonitoredProcess: Running Serialized UAT: [ cmd.exe /c ““C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/RunUAT.bat” -ScriptsForProject=“D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/IMP_London.uproject” Turnkey -command=VerifySdk -platform=Win64 -UpdateIfNeeded -EditorIO -EditorIOPort=61820 -project=“D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/IMP_London.uproject” BuildCookRun -nop4 -utf8output -nocompileeditor -skipbuildeditor -cook -project=“D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/IMP_London.uproject” -unrealexe=“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe” -pla
tform=Win64 -ddc=InstalledDerivedDataBackendGraph -installed -stage -archive -package -build -compressed -iostore -pak -prereqs -archivedirectory=“D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/Package” -clientconfig=Development” -nocompile ]
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Running AutomationTool…
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Parsing command line: -ScriptsForProject=D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/IMP_London.uproject Turnkey -command=VerifySdk -platform=Win64 -UpdateIfNeeded -EditorIO -EditorIOPort=61820 -project=D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/IMP_London.uproject BuildCookRun -nop4 -utf8output -nocompileeditor -skipbuildeditor -cook -project=D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/IMP_London.uproject -unrealexe=“C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-Cmd.exe” -platform=Win64 -ddc=InstalledDerivedDataBackendGraph -installed -stage -archive -package
-build -compressed -iostore -pak -prereqs -archivedirectory=D:/UE_DEV/IMP/DemoWorlds/IMP_London/Package -clientconfig=Development -nocompile
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Log location: C:\Users\mrbre\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_5.0\Log.txt
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Installed Sdk validity:
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Win64: (Status=Valid, Installed=10.0.19041.0, AutoSDK=, MinAllowed=10.0.00000.0, MaxAllowed=10.9.99999.0, Flags=“InstalledSdk_ValidVersionExists”)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Scanning for envvar changes…
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): … done!
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Cleaning Temp Paths…
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): BUILD SUCCESSFUL
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Setting up ProjectParams for D:\UE_DEV\IMP\DemoWorlds\IMP_London\IMP_London.uproject
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): IMP_London.uproject requires a temporary target.cs to be generated (PixelStreaming plugin is enabled)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): ********** BUILD COMMAND STARTED **********
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Running: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.0\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.exe IMP_London Win64 Development -Project=D:\UE_DEV\IMP\DemoWorlds\IMP_London\IMP_London.uproject D:\UE_DEV\IMP\DemoWorlds\IMP_London\IMP_London.uproject -NoUBTMakefiles -remoteini=“D:\UE_DEV\IMP\DemoWorlds\IMP_London” -skipdeploy -Manifest=D:\UE_DEV\IMP\DemoWorlds\IMP_London\Intermediate\Build\Manifest.xml -NoHotReload -log=“C:\Users\mrbre\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_5.0\UBT-IMP_London-Win64-Development.txt”
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Log file: C:\Users\mrbre\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_5.0\UBT-IMP_London-Win64-Development.txt
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): ERROR: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named ‘IMTP’ in UE5Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the ‘ModuleRules’ type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
PackagingResults: Error: Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named ‘IMTP’ in UE5Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the ‘ModuleRules’ type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Took 1.5213208s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=6
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\mrbre\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_5.0\UBT-IMP_London-Win64-Development.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): AutomationTool executed for 0h 0m 2s
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=6 (6)
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): Updating environment variables set by a Turnkey sub-process
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): The system cannot find the path specified.
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows): The system cannot find the path specified.

Blockquote

This error has numerous so called fixed in the forums for earlier versions, but it absolute persists in UE5.0.1

The same error occurs regardless of my binary packaging configuration as well.

So - the project runs correctly in debug modes, in editor, in separate window etc, but will not package.

Thanks for anyone with any help with this.

Looks like a Rider issue:

https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/RIDER-71308/Expecting-to-find-a-type-to-be-declared-in-a-module-rules-named-

hi - thanks for that - yes i had also saw that and followed up with jetbrains who have said that the issue is not down to rider…

so back and forth we go.

at the end of the day - if i “Migrate” a resource from one UE5 project to another ("the another here not even being a C++ project, so no Rider at all…) - it should be able to compile and more importantly, package the solution.

This is a show stopper at the moment for us.

Just spotted this error when creating a new UE5/3r Person/C++ project

This shows immediately on adding the project name and clicking create