Migrating Materials from 4.16 to 4.17

I have spent around 4 months making an Archviz project in 4.16, only for the Sequencer focus Method not to stay on None when trying to make a video of scene. I was told to update to 4.17 which I did and problem was fixed. But now I have another issue. I copied my Archviz project from 4.16 to 4.17. When I go into my new project in 4.17 all my materials are missing textures. I have tried to migrate the folders between 4.16 to 4.17, I have tried to fix up redirectors in folders option, still nothing. I have tried copying the folders in Explorer, still nothing. I have followed all the tutorials and forums answers, nothing works.

I have looked this up and apparently so many other users have had the same issue. Why is it so difficult to migrate materials from one project to another, this is such a basic thing, I dont understand, please can someone help me. My project is now overdue because of continuing issues.

All I want to do is use the materials I was using in 4.16 for a project in 4.17. If I cant migrate all the materials in one go, please can someone let me know how I find the missing textures.

Please can someone help me. Thanks

Please ignore last question. I sorted it.