Migrated blueprint asset has issues reparenting

I migrated the TopDownCharacter blueprint from a TopDownCharacterProject into my personal project. I saw that its parent class was missing so I imported the TopDownCharacter.h/cpp files into my project as well. Now when I go to try and reparent the blueprint via the blueprint editor class settings, I cannot find the TopDownCharacter class.

From my searching it looks like there have been questions similar to this with no real answer. I was hoping that with 4.25 there would be some solution? Similar unsolved questions: here and here

From the looks of it I am assuming this is impossible. I had to recreate the blueprint from the c++ class. Thankfully there weren’t too many changes from the c++ class defaults.

Having the same issue with my complicated ThirdPerson Character class.
After migration I cannot reparent it’s parent class to the C++ class in the new project.
But if i create a new Bleuprint I cannot reparent it to the desired character base class in C++. This is crazy as for my project it’s a lot of work trying to create this from scratch. It also means I cannot move my assets from one project to another.