Metahumans - underwear

Hello there!

Do you guys know how to remove underwear from the Metahumans? For clothes purposes those underwear are not very convenient. And the issue is that the underwear are painted on the body materials…argh

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sarah

1 Like

Not really? If it’s a part of the model/texture then you’ll need to change the model. You could edit the textures yourself if you feel like painting in a bum etc, but the geometry will be incorrect as well. It was designed with underwear and so removing them is going to be non-trivial.

It’s possible, I went into the shader and repainted the relevant parts… you also have to repaint the normals. Sadly I’m not by my machine but a cut and paste in photoshop on the maps actually wasn’t too bad… the tricky bit is identifying where in the shader to swap out the maps.

@BjornToulouse Please, could you show what maps you repainted? I tried and it didn´t work…

1 Like

I did a lot of things and it worked.
If you just want to remove the underwear, just change the texture.

If you want to modify the breast shape, etc., the only way I know of is to buy the MorphTarget plugin.
The image is nsfw of course, and I don’t know if I can put it up even if I hide the local area, so I’ll stop.

Hi,
you can use stamps of substance painter to remove that from all maps at once.

Not sure if you have already found a workflow to remove the underwear, but here is a tutorial on how to do that:

Sorry totally missed this! I’m afraid i literally fiddled until it looked right. Seems like the tutorial above has a more thorough method than mine!

1 Like