MetaHuman Thirdperson Blueprint

First, I’ve added the MetaHuman Robin to my game, but when I set her as Default Pawn in Thirdperson her legs down move, unlike with Paragon assets which just work when used as Default Pawn.

Is it possible to use BP_Robin the same way I use Phase_AnimBlueprint? If not how do I do so?

Second, how are the Windwalker Echo character and the TwinBlast character from the new Game Animation demo different from MetaHuamn Blueprints?

Why is there no option to create a Thirdperson MetaHuman or Gameplay Animation Project in the New Project dialogue instead of having go through all Retargeting rigamarole?

First, if MetaHuman Robin’s legs move incorrectly as the Default Pawn, it’s likely due to differences in animation blueprints between MetaHumans and Paragon assets. To use BP_Robin similarly to Phase_AnimBlueprint, you may need to adjust the animation blueprint or retarget animations properly for MetaHuman.

Second, Windwalker Echo and TwinBlast from the new Game Animation demo may have unique animations and blueprints that differ from MetaHumans, often tailored specifically for their own movement and combat styles.

Lastly, the absence of a Thirdperson MetaHuman or Gameplay Animation Project option in the New Project dialogue means you’ll need to handle retargeting manually. This might be to ensure flexibility and compatibility across various MetaHuman projects.

4o mini