MetaHuman plugin & UE5.1.1 source compilation

Hello,
I’m facing to an annoying issue trying to add the MetaHuman plugin to my multiplayer game.
I’m using 5.1.1 from source. I’ve downloaded the plugin from epic market place and copy/paste the plugin folder to my project’s plugins one.
Here the link error:

1>Building 4 actions with 4 processes...
1>[1/4] Link UnrealEditor-RLibV.dll
1>LINK : error LNK2001: symbole externe non résolu _DllMainCRTStartup
1>F:\UE_Projects\yakuverse-new\Plugins\MetaHuman\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-RLibV.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 externes non résolus
1>[2/4] Link UnrealEditor-MetaHumanMeshTracker.dll
1>F:\UE_Projects\yakuverse-new\Plugins\MetaHuman\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-MetaHumanMeshTracker.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 externes non résolus
1>[3/4] Link UnrealEditor-AutoRigService.dll
1>F:\UE_Projects\yakuverse-new\Plugins\MetaHuman\Binaries\Win64\UnrealEditor-AutoRigService.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 externes non résolus
1>[4/4] WriteMetadata CapsuleXEditor.target cancelled
1>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v170\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: La commande "F:\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat -Target="CapsuleXEditor Win64 Development -Project=\"F:\UE_Projects\yakuverse-new\CapsuleX.uproject\"" -Target="ShaderCompileWorker Win64 Development -Quiet" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" s'est arrêtée avec le code 6.
1>Génération du projet "CapsuleX.vcxproj" terminée -- ÉCHEC.

RLibV.dll isn’t built.
Looking at the RLibV.Build.cs give use some infos:

PrivateIncludePaths.AddRange(new string[] {
			"ThirdParty/dlib/Include",
			"RLibV/Private/src",
			"RLibV/Private/include",
		});

PublicAdditionalLibraries.AddRange(new string[] {
			"$(ModuleDir)/../ThirdParty/dlib/Lib/Win64/Release/dlib19.21.99_release_64bit_msvc1934.lib",
			"$(ModuleDir)/../ThirdParty/OpenBLAS/Lib/Win64/Release/openblas.lib"
		});

We see RLibV depends on dlib and openblas libraries. So I choosed to recompile these libs to see if the problem was here.
Since I’m using VS 2022 and not 2019, I had to modify the “BuildForWindows.bat” file to use the right compiler in the cmake parameters.
The 2 thirdparty libs are well compiled. I had to modify the dlib file name to fit the right msvc suffix “dlib19.21.99_release_64bit_msvc1927.lib” to “dlib19.21.99_release_64bit_msvc1934.lib”

=> same link error.
Looking again in the RLibV.build.cs points that we should find some source code in “RLibV/Private/src” and “RLibV/Private/include”.
But not source code from the plugin downloaded from Epic Market Place.

Do I miss something or the plugin isn’t open sourced and can’t be compiled for multiplayers game ?

thanks

2 Likes

Also looking for the answer to this. Building from source.

1 Like

Same for 5.2.1 source, is there any plans to give us a metahuman plugin we can use with the source engine?

Same issue here for 5.2.1 source. Please does anyone knows a proper way to import MetaHuman plugin on source compiled versions ?

Can’t add Metahuman plugin into 5.4 source either. Does this mean metahuman plugin will only be provided to installed engine from now on?