Metahuman not loading Animation Blueprint when player is not looking at it

Hello,
I get a very weird but when dealing with the spawning of metahumans. Basically, I have set up this system which spawns the Metahuman and then lets it roam around the scene. Since I wanted the solution to be plug and play without the need of changing anything inside the metahuman BP itself, I found a hacky solution or attaching the spawned MH actor to a character and then simply accessing the speed of the attached parent to make the MH walk when it should.

The system works quite well, but here is where things get strange. If I hit play and I don’t look at the MH with the camera then the animation blueprint (I think) is not loaded correctly, and while the MH moves around pushed by its Character attached parent, the animation doesn’t play. Once I look back at the MH there is a short delay where it is clearly visible that there is no animation going on as you can see in this video (ignore the other visible character focus on the MH at the end)

This is how I’m spawning the MH from the parent Character:

This is how I’m accessing the character movement component of the attached parent from the animation blueprint on the MH:

Can anybody help me out?

Check this setting for your skeletal mesh:

Tick

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Had no idea this setting existed!

It’s worth noting that this setting may cause performance issues.

Maybe all you have to do is set a larger Bound Scale for the skeletal mesh component.