MetaHuman hair groom displaced in UE5 editor

Hello everyone,
I seem to be having an issue with the hair grooms of MetaHumans. When I import them their hair grooms appear at the center of the scene and aren’t attached to their faces. When I enter play mode everything looks fine though.

When I import MetaHumans into UE4 everything looks fine and their hair is where it should be, so this happens only in UE5 and on all projects I tried. It even happens in the MetaHuman demo project, the hair is displaced and only attached on the heads in play mode.

Has anyone encountered this issue or knows what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Displaced hair in edit mode:

Correctly placed hair in play mode:

So, there is an update to this issue:
Interestingly when creating a level sequence and dragging the MetaHuman BP into the track, the character appeared at the middle point where the hair is currently displayed, and could be moved with the character.
Also the same character from the same BP that was already standing in the scene (the one in the screenshot to the right) suddenly had her hair in the right place.
When saving the level some parts of the rig snapped back into the middle point, this might be related.
Maybe this helps figure the issue out…

Fixed the issue, realtime rendering was off (automatic override) because I was working on remote desktop. So the hair wasn’t simulated in real-time, only when I was running the game or doing something in the sequencer.

In case anyone else encounters this, this is where you can fix it:

3 Likes