Metahuman Facial Control Rig not working

I’ve noticed with UE5 that the most recent version I don’t seem to be able to control the facial animation through sequencer anymore.

When I add a Metahumn to sequencer and then try to make the character blink (or any facial control), none of the facial controls from the control rig work.
The control rig for the body seems to still work fine, just not the facial rig.

Is anyone else having the same issue and solved it - I am hoping it is just due to some new default and hope it isn’t now broken :confused:

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Only the Simple Control Rig works for the face. Hoping for a solution.

I have the same, and it even not reacting to live link face tracker, only works with the neck

I have the same problem too.
The livelink just moves its head, I tried to watch the data stream via the curve debugger and the information comes in, so I suppose the problem lies in the animationblueprint.
i hope someone find a solution.

1 Like

I have this problem.
If I create a fresh project and import a more recently created MetaHuman, it works again.

I created a video for a quick fix (Updated):

7 Likes

OMG You are…a life saver!!!

Thank you so much. All of your tutorials for UE5Preview have been so valuable to this community. I have been struggling getting the control rig board for the face to work in UE5.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! Life saver!

So I tried this and it doesn’t work. My issue is the face rig board flat out breaks the sequencer. Any ideas??

Did you ever find a fix? Same issue for me but the face rig works for one metahuman and not the other. Very weird.

You are the only person i’ve seen post this solution anywhere - thank you!