MetaHuman Creator - Unreal Engine Versions

Hey,

I noticed that the latest MetaHuman Creator app shows different version of the MetaHuman. As of today “5.2”, “5.1”, and some others.

Is there any guidance on what the differences are between these versions? I assume if you are making a UE 5.2 game that something major has changed and you should set the creator app to “5.2.”

In my case, I’m currently making a game in UE 5.1 and hope to soon upgrade it to 5.2. Should I wait on first time importing MetaHumans until I upgrade my game to 5.2?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi! I understand that an update for Metahuman Animator is coming out today, which will be available starting with version 5.2. I think that’s why Metahuman Pipeline in Metahuman Creator may be technically different (maybe bones or blendshapes reworked)

1 Like

Hey Matt,

We have the drop down version selection so that users are still able to create, edit and use MetaHumans on older UE versions. As we know that not everyone upgrades to the latest engine version with every engine release.

UE5.2 MetaHumans support MetaHuman Animator, but will not work, or be available for export in UE5.1 and below engine versions. If you do use the UE5.2 selection within MetaHuman creator and upgrade your metahumans to UE5.2, be assured that your UE5.1 / 5.0 MetaHumans will remain unaffected and still be available in the older versions.

Take a look at the versioning guides as we have made it straightforward to upgrade MetaHumans in your project.

I hope that helps,

James

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the docs I’ll be reading those over. I’ve gone with completely generating new MetaHumans 2.0 (5.2) for my project.

I’ll be making new clothing soon using the new Maya source assets. Has there been new bones/skinning added/changed around the neck? I’ve noticed that the Male Crew Neck T Shirt now clips through the MetaHuman 2.0’s around the neck.

Hey Matt,

Yes there have been changes in this area.

I’ll see if we can replicate the clipping issue and get a bug written up to be delivered in a future release.

1 Like