MetaHuman Animator Preparing for performance failed

Hi everyone,

I’m actually working with metahuman animator, and right now it’s impossible for me to launch the “Prepare for, Performance”, I got this message : Preparing for performance failed!. And the log message is :
MetaHumanMeshTracker: Error: (VulkanDevice.cpp, l134): failed to find GPUs with Vulkan support
MetaHumanMeshTracker: Error: (FaceTrackingAPI.cpp, l178): failure to initialize: Critical error (VulkanDevice.cpp, l134): failed to find GPUs with Vulkan support

I try on UE 5.2.1, 5.3.2 and 5.4 Preview and it’s the same issue. I really don’t understand because last time that I used in November 2023 , it was perfeclty work on the same machine that I use.

I’d tested on different takes, shot with iPad Pro and iPhone 15 Pro, but I got the same issue while in november with the same set up and same old takes it worked.

PC specs :
NVDIA GeForce RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24 G
AMD Ryzen 5900X 12-Core Processor (24 CPUs) 3.7Ghz
DirectX 12 Version
64Go RAM
Windows 11 Pro, 23H2 Version, x64

All drivers are updated.

My unreal set up project/process is exactly the same that this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWLF-a68-CE&t=377s .

Honnestely if someone had the solution you will save my life !

I’m on 5.3.2 I get to the “Prepare For Performance” step and it instantly errors and says failed. No other information is given. Also when fitting the teeth it looks like the Neutral pose is also visible and the teeth fitted result. You can’t see the teeth result because the neutral head is blocking.

1 Like

I have same issue.

when change rhi dx12 to dx11 in project settings,

prepare to performance step is success.

but it still needs dx12.

it is really annoying. :rofl: