Metahuman Animator crash problem

Same for me, crashes at the end.

i have the same problem … :worried:

Mine usually crashes during the second pass. There is no pattern that I can find as to how it crashes. Sometimes it gives me the option to report and reload the project. Sometimes it hard locks my machine. Sometimes it gives me the BSOD. Sometimes it works but that is a rare occurance.

I switched from DirectX 12 to 11 and restarted the engine, switched it back to 12, restarted the engine and it seems to work now…

Also, if your recording doesn’t have audio make sure to turn on “skip tongue solve” under “processing parameters”.

I’ve experienced the same issues, but I managed to get a stable workflow after some tests.

There are three things that I found that influenced the crash -

1. (most important) For each capture that you do, create a new metahuman identity. Even if you are recording the same person in a couple of days or different lighting, it always crashed for me. Now with every recording session, i do the neutral pose and create a new identitiy which i select for the performance processiong.

2. Not enough GPU ram or something with the GPU - I have 3080 with 12GB and it kept crashing. Tested the same project on a mobile 4090 16gb and it worked like a charm. Most of the time 3080 works well.

3. Length of recording - i noticed that if the recording is longer than 1 min there is a chance if a crash. In that case i just select a smaller timeline for processing and when it becomes green i select the next section and continue like that until I finish the recording.

That has been my experience so far and it seems to be working now. Let me know if any of those were helpful to anyone. :v:

1 Like

For me It helped desactivate the Auto Save in editor preferences.

LoginId:c9f8a92343f6d889ca3680b47352174d
EpicAccountId:399af263c5f74636b4c7ae25f33bc29e

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000000

UnrealEditor_MetaHumanMeshTracker!titan::api::FacePostProcessingSolveAPI::Private::ConvertInputs()
UnrealEditor_MetaHumanMeshTracker!titan::api::FacePostProcessingSolveAPI::OfflineSolveGaze()
UnrealEditor_MetaHumanMeshTracker!UE::Wrappers::FMetaHumanFaceTrackerPostProcessing::OfflineSolvePrepare()
UnrealEditor_MetaHumanPipeline!UE::MetaHuman::Pipeline::FFaceTrackerPostProcessingNode::Start()
UnrealEditor_MetaHumanPipeline!UE::MetaHuman::Pipeline::FPipelineProcess::StartNode()
UnrealEditor_MetaHumanPipeline!FAsyncTaskUE::MetaHuman::Pipeline::FPipelineNodeProcess::DoTaskWork()
UnrealEditor_MetaHumanPipeline!FAsyncTaskBase::DoWork()
UnrealEditor_MetaHumanPipeline!FAsyncTaskBase::DoThreadedWork()
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32