META QUEST 3 + UE 5.1.1 .apk crashes

Hi fellow developers,

I am in a time crunch trying to wrap up a project which runs just fine on Meta Quest Pro, but the same APK crashes after 3 seconds of black screen on Meta Quest 3.

I tried to build a basic VR template as well to see if that works, but it crashes as well, so that makes me believe that the issue is not in my project itself, but in the build settings (Android etc.)

I am assuming the issue is in the android SDK/NDK versions but I have no clue whatsoever what versions to choose… Please let me know if anyone managed to successfully build on UE 5.1 + Meta Quest 3 or any other tips. I urgently need to solve this. Any tips are very appreciated!!!

2 Likes

I have the same problem, there seems to be a bug with the metaxr plugin and OculusOVR plugin, does anyone have a solution?

i managed to get it work with UE5.2 but not with 5.1

What NDK SDK JDK versions do you use for ue5.2? What version of the metaxr plugin do you use? In ue5.0 everything works perfectly for me with the old oculus plugin, but with the metaxr plugin activated the applications have stopped working in both ue5.1 and ue5.2. Thank you

Hello,

We are experiencing the same problem, but our project doesnt work for 5.2 :frowning:

Have you managed to get it working under 5.1? are you still working on it?

Also, I wasnt able to bluid an empty project for 5.2 and v54 MetaXR Plugin, could you please share how is your project settings configured?

I am using these settings:

honestly i switched back to meta qest pro because it works better for my project – for whatever reason meta quest 3 won’t run my app, while pro works great

So it seems that it is a problem with quest 3, maybe the v59 version solves this problem?