Meshes Jump when Collision is enabled

Any idea why they are jumping position when I enable collision? There’s nothing in the blueprint that should be moving them at that point, just turns on collision. Obj has 100 mass.

video of issue:

Could you check if it’s collision reaches below the ground

Hey @Xokks!

Have you tried lifting them up a bit and then pressing “End” to line them up flush with the ground?

Other than that, check your static mesh’s collision and make sure it’s also flat on the bottom.
It’s not that you’re turning on collision- it’s that you’re turning on simulate physics and there is a tiny bit of overlap happening somewhere between the ground and the base of your model. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

Even when it’s raised up it still does that.
Now there is some more complicated things happening like a level loading in and the mesh being selected with a actor that has a blueprint on it, but none of those things are occuring by the time the movement happens cause thats the very last to occur, the physics simulation.

The status is just default UE5 assest I believe it’s flat on the bottom. Not sure how to check the collision of an object other than look at the outline.

No worries! Open the static mesh file and then click “Show Collision”.

A quick way to get there would be to select one of the statues in the world outliner and then click “Edit…”

Thank you for the help,

I made it a box so it would be easier to debug.
It seems another object appears underneath that also has collision, but it’s not as big as the box. Not sure what it is because I deleted every other item that was associated with the actor to test.

Love a good mystery.
So I’ll need to see
the hierarchy,
the Construction Script,
the Event Graph,
any and all added functions.

Let’s see if we can follow this thread! :slight_smile:

So I have a Sub Level that is loaded in and in it’s Level Blueprint it has this:

Then in that sub level I have 4 actors positioned on the level that (previously but no longer to try and debut) would spawn random objects. Now they just have one cube under the actor and spawns in the cube.

Let me know if you need screenshots of anything else to clarify