Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

@motorsep, thanks for your Darkradiant links. I’ve submitted first version of Mesh Tool to marketplace last month, it’s under Epic’s code review now as far as I know. I haven’t been adding new features since then but only fixing some bugs reported from testers. I have got all mesh editing functionality I personal need for my own project, now I would like to get first version out to gather more feedbacks.

Cool stuff. So when do you think we will be able to purchase this tool ? :slight_smile:

@motorsep, from my past experience, the code review process could be one week or more than one month. Both my last 2 plugins took about 40 days from submit to publish.

What is the difference between your MeshTool plugin and ProBuilder UE4 plugin? Is there anything your plugin has that ProBuilder plugin does not have?

To be honest, I don’t know since I haven’t got the chance to try out ProBuilder for UE4. One difference I noticed from the ProBuilder videos is that ProBuilder is working on ProBuilder Mesh while Mesh Tool is working on Static Mesh directly, but I could be wrong about that.

love your stuff, ever heard of Crocotile3D or Sprytile? I own crocotile3d and use it allot, but basically these tools allow the user to select a tile or areas in a 2d tile sprite sheet and paint quads, creating 3d models and worlds with the uvs generated automatically. not sure if this is something your interested in your tool doing, but once its released i will definitely be getting your tool. Probably will add this if you don’t. I was actually just writing a small plugin that uses the procedural mesh component to make something similar but your editor tool looks soo much better than my runtime version, so im gonna can mine and wait for yours, can’t wait.

Hi @SaxonRah, thanks for the Crocotile3D/Sprytile links, never heard of them before, but the way they use old school sprite sheet to make 3d model is very inspiring. I went ahead adding very basic tile painting support.

Sill experimenting.

Probuilder for UE4 is dead, as the devs have chosen to just sit and wait for the Geo tools coming in 4.17, so more money for you I guess ������

lol… banking anything on Epic actually sticking to a deadline/version plan is so ridiculous at this point… 's tool is amazing (spent some time testing it and I’m very keen to pick it up when it comes out) so that’s awesome tbh :stuck_out_tongue: Mesh Tool ftw!

Hi @

Crazy!!!:slight_smile:

It’s one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen here.
Amazing how the Unreal Editor Interface as one 3D editor looks like Modo :slight_smile:

Any idea of a release date?

This is awesome to see!

One thing I’ve always thought would be tremendously useful in UE4 would be support for lattice deformers. Not sure if this is feasible or worth the amount of work, but I wanted to mention it. Tons of potential for stylized assets, terrain/rocks, etc.

506f200207741c24b61f2c2b70d127d7f70cbc7c.jpeg

Any idea for a release date on this yet?

@apoisonedgift, @lunyBunny, thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks! Yes, FFD/Lattie deformer is cool feature, but I’m afraid it’s what I consider “high level” feature which might be only added after all “basic features” implemented first. As I don’t expect Mesh Tool to compete with dedicated 3D DCC tools, also that Mesh Tool is my first ever attempt writing a mesh editor, I would like to keep the development in pace with my skill/experiences. :slight_smile:

Hi jojo8026, Mesh Tool has passed the intial marketplace submission review, and was submitted to marketplace for futher code review on May 4th. I haven’t heard back from marketplace team yet, but from my past experiences, it’s not un-normal that the code review process will take them 30~40 days.

I’m considering also put Mesh Tool to itch, for quick future version update.

Just a heads up… there are currently at least 3 plugin devs I know that have been waiting on the code review for 2 months, and one is at about 3 months now. Things are quite slow at the marketplace currently -.-

Would be happy to pick this up on itch! Would be super helpful on a project we need to finish in 4.15 asap.

Best,

Thanks, I’m setting up itch page for Mesh Tool.

@apoisonedgift, thanks for the heads up, I’m also noticed that marketplace review is kind of slow right now.

[WIP] Matching UV

Match face uv to existing face

[WIP] Soft transform with falloff radius and curve

Soft transform cont.