Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

Hi @, Having issues with insert primitive (anything) with UE4.22.3 and MT 1.1.8, click and nothing happens, kinda works with some mesh’s with replace current mesh ticked but not always. Is there going to be a patch for 4.22.3 or waiting for 4.23?

, have I told you lately how much I love your tools! I would be lost without them!!! THANK YOU !

I’m having issues with Mesh Tool, i have vertex snapping always on, even when i dont want it and its very annoying. It was so nice the first few days, now its becoming a pain. Not to mention that the creator has not been seen in a few months already, unless he/she replies only privately !

I ended up getting things fixed, it seems i had toggled vertex display in UE somehow

Love your tools. Thanks so much!

Tell me if that’s already in the plans or if it’s been asked before, but are there plans to add boolean operations, á la CSG/BSP geometry that was used in UE once upon a time?

Same question.

@iLikeTheUDK @TheFlow3k There are mesh booleans in the tool now like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUcQ0dBRR4&list=PLAKCoctl4aHxyY9fZbQIpdtEdzlj09GSn&index=6&t=0s

or do you mean something else?

@ Yes that is exactly what I meant, thank you. How do I access it?

@iLikeTheUDK On the MeshTool Button, there is an item for it in the drop down for “Mesh Boolean” after “Open Subdiv”

This opens a dockable window you can use to set up the operation

hi ,
I have imported some geometry from rhino3d to UE4 using datasmith.
The geometry shows up in UE4 as a Static Mesh Actor.
I would like to assign a floor material as shown above.
With your MESH_TOOL could I ust select the area (highlighted blue) and assign a UE4 material?

It would be great if I could send you the file to test it before I purchase the mesh tool?

Kind regards,

Chris

Yes, that would work

Anyone know how to change view from wire mode? Hard to see what I am working on and I do not remember it being like this in the past.

For anyone who runs into the Wire Mode showing it looks like the TAB key on the keyboard will toggle it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder what happened to the author and what’s the status of this plugin. Any new features coming in ?

Is the Hotspot feature included in the latest version?

Thank you for updating this for 5.0. The built in modeling tools available for UE5 are pretty good but this still has a lot more control.

want to know is suport runtime mode . eg: build exe mesh tool work. thanks