Mesh Tool - A Mesh Editor

Glad to see that you are ok!

Hooray! :smiley:

Happy to hear from you and see that you are good .

The boolean tool is working, it may have been that the road ramp was just too complex. i have tried the Boolean tool on other objects and it has worked perfectly!

Just installed this on a new i9 Mac Book and I’m getting this error which causes the editor the crash immediately. Any idea?

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks to you for this tool! Amazing work you did.

I bought it a couple a days ago and I can’t be happier with it! Looking forward for the chamfer tool to come out, it will be very useful to have that.

Yeah - totally agree - the tool is phenomenal - use it all the time

I’m new to UE4, I started a month ago and with it I started learning 3DS max not because I wanted to but because I had to, as you know Unreal has it’s limits in terms of modelling. It hasn’t been easy learning two new complex programs however this became so much better after I discovered 's tool, it’s like you said phenomenal!

And I haven’t even read his manual yet :)) I prefer learning by trial and error and find it quite fun “discovering” things still I’m printing it as we speak to make the best of it. Anyway I don’t need 3DS max as much and can focus on what I want to learn and that is UE4.

I’m also glad there’s good support on this forum.

Very good plugin, thank you!

Found a problem: the result of Recompute Normal in Object mode cannot be saved after restarting the editor. But the results of Assign Smooting Group in Quad mode can be saved.

In addition, is it possible to implement an edit vertex normal function similar to that shown in this video (Softimage Plugin: User Normal Translator - YouTube)?
Editing vertex normals can be called the ultimate demand for anime-style cel shading.

I was just thinking about this last night recomputing normals, I’m glad you brought it up.

I think it would be nice seeing something like this, very useful.

For anyone else struggling to figure out how to get slab mode to snap to values less than 100, if you turn off snapping within mesh tool, it will respect the overall editor grid snapping value you have set.

I’d really love it if someone could tell me where the heck that draw grid is. Even if I don’t need it for snapping, I want it back for drawing stuff in slab mode.

Also, where did draw circle and draw polygon go?

Hi ,

If possible, could you give us an update to when we should see the chamfer tool come out? If you have a date in mind that is.

An experimental version of it to start with, maybe?

Thanks.

@FlowStateGames

Sorry for late reply. Somehow I did not get any notification on the forum post update.

The draw grid and draw polygon tool are now in it’s own Draw Polygon window which can be access via the Mesh Tool toolbar drop down.

@Morningcoffee007

Working on edge bevel tool:

The current plan is include an experimental version in 1.1.6 update.

1.1.5 preview:

What’s new in 1.1.5

• Fill
  • Improved Bridge Edge
  • Interactive mode
  • Auto apply auto smooth

… I’m speechless.

Absolutely amazing!

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

is a rock star!

Mesh Tool now has a roadmap:

Wow, it look really amazing!!
I was wondering already why we should not be able to make small changes to static meshes in the UE4 editor. Here your have very good examples, like change the degree of a street lamp. Or other minor changes on static meshes needed to not look everything the same.
And all the features, looks perfect!

One question:
I read about UE4 is also doing a Integration of Mesh Editing in the UE4 Engine. A few months ago, but no result in actual version.
Your solution looks very complete and good. Are you in contact with UE4 Devs about the Engine solution (dev-geometry)?
Would be nice to here some word about your solution and the dev-*geometry *branch. Will your asset in the Future bringing more features too it?

Here about the UE4 solutions:
https://trello.com/c/KNTPP2Nx/120-po…ision-surfaces
https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve…ional-modeller
It seems some first features are in the release, but as I understand, only in Unreal Studio: Mesh Editing | Feature Highlight | Unreal Studio - YouTube
At the moment I don’t understand why it is not available in Unreal Engine itself. :frowning: