Mesh Snap Problem

i just test 4.13 and there is no mesh snap for static meshes that i imported. what is wrong with 4.13?

Maybe it’s because your objects don’t have collision? Have you tried to check the “Auto Generate Collison” Check Box during import?

Yes. thats the reason. but you dont have to generate collision on 4.12 so it still a bug

i found more.

1- import with auto generate coll. everything is ok
2- delete imported meshes and reimport without auto generate coll. the bug comes
3- generate coll by hand. coll works but the bug still exist

i found more.

When you close auto generate coll on 4.13. it close enable coll option too. i dont want coll but its silly turn on enable coll for every mesh

Hi Shkuk,

This has not been something that I can reproduce between versions 4.12 and 4.13. Whether the mesh has collision or not my mesh snaps properly to surfaces when moved through the level. From looking at the video you have posted above everything is snapping to the floor as I would expect it to. There wasn’t anything indicating it should be anywhere else.

In the last image you posted where you highlight the “enable collision” this option is only used when using per-poly collision, which hasn’t been indicated here or shown in any of the settings you’ve adjusted, so it would really have no effect.

My suggestion would be to try a new project and re-download the engine to see if the issue is still occurring. If so, can you try with a basic sphere or box asset that you create in your modeling program and see if the issue persists similar to how you showed the cube above. If so, please list the detailed steps you used so that it can be reproduced.

Thank you!

Tim